FX Networks kicked off the first day of San Diego Comic-Con by unveiling FXhibition at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel, featuring groundbreaking activations and installations from fan favorite series Legion, American Horror Story, Atlanta, Archer and The Strain.
Stars Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart, and Rachel Keller played around with The Legion Mixed Reality Experience based upon their hit show, which utilizes Microsoft HoloLens technology in collaboration with real-life actors to bring the critically-acclaimed series to life. The experience transported fans into the headspace of David Haller, interacting with his world through key scenes from Legion season 1, and for the first time, get a sneak peek into season 2.
FX Networks welcomes fans back to the FXhibition for day two tomorrow starting at 10 a.m. On Friday evening, July 21, FX will host an early screening of the first two episodes of the new and final season of The Strain from 7 – 9 p.m.
Additional activations to see tomorrow:
- AMERICAN HORROR STORY ZOETROPE: Fans can get a tease of the upcoming season through the mesmerizing, larger-than-life AHS Zoetrope. The mind-bending experience promises to present the chilling series in a whole new way.
- ATLANTA PHOTO BOOTH: Inspired by breakout series Atlanta, the booth plays off the series’ mix of surreal elements with hyper-real themes. Participants will capture shareable videos of themselves walking up walls and treading on the ceiling as they experience life from every perspective.
- THE FX SCENE STEALER: With the power of green screen technology, attendants can star in personalized scenes from original series like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer, Legion, and The Strain.
- THE STRAIN SUN PROTECTION STATION: Featuring some of the show’s iconic props including Bolivar’s head and multiple stingers, the station will provide life-saving sunscreen to protect fans from harmful rays.
- SNOWFALL LACING STATION: Fans can get their own sneakers re-laced by experts in unique styles with FXbranded laces.
- THE ARCHER WET BAR: Fans will be able to rehydrate with water Archer style
- FX SWAG BOX: A branded claw machine to distribute limited edition prizes, an experience that fans will want to share
Full hours for the FXhibition can be found below:
Friday, July 21, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. & 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. *for screening, doors open at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 22, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m
Sunday, July 23, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For more information on how to be a part of the FXhibition experience, visit FXSDCC.com.